Saturday, February 14, 2015

Once Upon Two KingdomsOnce Upon Two Kingdoms by Anna del C. Dye

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


When I saw that Anna had written a royal romance, I was anxious to read it. I've enjoyed her elf-inspired books, and I wanted to see what she would do with a different kind of story. I wasn't disappointed. This is a delightful, clean romance that I feel comfortable handing to my daughters. When I first started reading, I thought it was a re-telling of the Sleeping Beauty story where two royal heirs are forced into an arranged marriage, fall in love with each other without knowing who they are, and have a happily-ever after. In the beginning, it had that feel, but it quickly turned into a different story with an evil counselor designing for both thrones. The story was told well, and there was plenty of excitement. Anna must've studied some fencing, because her description of the sword battles was well done. I had a hard time putting the book down because I really had no idea how the story would go. This is a book suitable for all ages.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment